So, I finally have got around to putting a blog together. On here you will find a mix of painting, sculpting and a bit of my other hobby - photography. Most of my painting is done for Perry miniatures, either for their website or their personal armies. The sculpting is usually for myself, but I do occationally have some time for freelance work.
Updated often, so check back soon!

Friday 25 May 2012

Plastic Mounted Men at Arms


I painted these a couple of weeks ago, but I have only just got around to photographing them! I tried to paint a little variety in the armour, with some of the armour unpolished (black) and others highly polished (which would have been incredibly expensive!). I also tried out some new methods for painting horses that I have been working on, I am quite pleased with how these turned out.
The last photo is a unit of light cavalry made by just using the liveried men at arms in the box with various open faced helmets from the infantry sets.







5 comments:

  1. I really like those- horse colours are excellent!

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done! Ive never painted any WOTR because the amount of 'silver armor' has always scared me off. However, it looks like you have done a great job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome. Great job!
    /Mattias
    http://northern-wargaming.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive Stephen - I've also used the new GW metals. However I just can't get on with the 'drybrush'/highlight one - I don't like the elasticity of the paint, so have gone back to Vallejo silver for final highlights.
    Will have a go at the duller armour tones, plus want to try a blue'd version too.
    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely paint work !!!

    best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete